Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

COLONEL THEODORE ROOSEVELT, JR. WILL ADDRESS FRESHMEN

Republican Leader and ex-Governor General of Phillipine Islands to Discuss Colonial Questions

Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., '08, son of the legendary "T. R.," and ex-Governor of the Phillipines, will speak to the Freshman class at the Union on Monday night at 7:30 o'clock.

Although the exact subject of Roosevelt's talk is not known, it will probably concern the Phillipine Islands or America's colonial policy.

Considered Presidential Timber

Roosevelt, long prominent in Republican circles, has had a varied and successful career in public service. In recent months he has been widely considered by G. O. P. chiefs as Presidential timber in the 1940 campaign although he has consistently denied that he will run for office.

At present he is employed by the New York publishing house Doubleday, Doran & Co., where he has served as an editor since 1935.

Roosevelt began his political career in 1919, when he was elected to the New York Assembly. In 1921 President Harding appointed him Assistant Secretary of the Navy, which position he held until his resignation in 1923.

After campaigning unsuccessfully against Al Smith for Governor of New York in 1924, Roosevelt left the public service for five years, devoting most of his time to geographical exploration. Then in 1929 he was made Governor of Porto Rico, where he remained until 1932 when President Roosevelt appointed him Governor-General of the Phillipines.