Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

Hopper Predicts Russian Assistance in Air for Czechoslovakia in Face of German Aggression

Talks in Guardian Radio Program With Fay, Vagts, and Wilkey On Nazi Advance

Speaking on the subject of "Hitler's Danube and Baltic approaches to Russia," Bruce C. Hopper '24, professor of Government, predicted that "the Red Army will probably not march West to defend Czechoslovakia, but the Kremlin might send an air expedition to the Czech flying fields."

Hopper with Sidney B. Fay '96, professor of History, Alfred Vagts, Visiting lecturer in History, and Malcolm R. Wilkey '40 participated in a program entitled "The New Balance of Power in Europe," sponsored by the Guardian last Saturday at 3 o'clock.

Bolsheviks Expect Attack

In his outline of the effect of German expansion upon the powers of Europe, Hopper said that the Bolsheviks are expecting a Baltie attack and are making naval preparations in Leningrad, while Hungary and Rumania would probably come over to the Nazis when they are offered a favorable customs union.

Professor Fay stated that the union of Austria and Germany has "shifted the balance of power in Europe in favor of Germany and of might over right, but the Ansehluss will increase the problem of feeding the 78 million Germans in the enlarge Retch. Austria's foreign trade and tourist traffic will suffer severely because Hitler will clamp down the right German system of currency control and foreign trade regulation."

Army Wants Poland

"Which small nation is likely to suffer first from further German advances depends upon whether the Party or Army will dominate German councils," Vagts pointed out. "The Army holds Poland as the main objective partly because of strategic reasons and partly because the old Junker landlord officers once resided in the territories that Germany lost to Poland."

Tonight the Guardian will continue its discussion of the German problem when Nikolai S. Timasheff, professor of Sociology, will speak on "The Conquest of Austria" over Station WAAR at 8:15 o'clock.