Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

STUDENTS SUSPECTS AS VICE RECKET IS BARED

FRESHMEN APPROACHED IN YARD OPENLY

Three girls and a man were arrested yesterday on vice charges by Cambridge police, who had been warned of a blackmail racket victimizing many students by Charles R. Apted '06, Yard police superintendent.

According to the police, the girls had openly approached students here, and, accusing them of attending parties at a Brighton apartment, had threatened exposure unless blackmail money was forthcoming. One of the girls had threatened to write college authorities if the students did not pay her "extra financial assistance."

On their blackmail trips here, the girls approached other students with the apparent purpose of luring them to the apartment as future racked victims. The two girls who made the tripe are young and good looking, police said, one being a blonde and the other a redhead.

The students were approached in the Yard and are understood to be mostly Freshmen. An investigation of the affair will be conducted by the police, it was revealed.