Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

The Moviegoer

AT THE METROPOLITAN

In "Sally, Irene, and Mary," now at the Metropolitan, Alice Faye and Tony Martin rub noses, Fred Allen climbs a lamp post, Joan Davis goes into unbelievable contortions while tap dancing, and Jimmy Durante, back in films with his cigar and his proboscis, does his traditional "Again-You Turn-a" dance. A hodge-podge of the craziest situations Director William Seiter could throw together, the film makes no sense whatever; but it does succeed in being mildly amusing and sometimes very funny, which is all that was ever intended.

Fred Allen is a real disappointment, mainly because he is given few of the witty remarks which make him a success on the radio. Alice Faye is charming, however, and sings pleasantly; and Tony Martin is an adequate leading man.

"Blondes At Work," the co-feature, is another in the Torchy Blaine series with Glenda Farrell and Barton McLane. It is probably the best to date, mainly because the problem of solving the murder is now less important than the saucy remarks and ingenious pranks of the little blonde newspaper reporter.