The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Crimson Will Poll Extra-Curricular Trend Here

Questionnaire Tomorrow Seeks Place of Activities in College Life at Harvard

How important are extra-curricular activities in your undergraduate life? If you are engaged in one or more, do you feel that they have taken more time than they are worth? Or if you have taken part in none, do you now regret it?

These are some of the questions that will appear on a questionnaire to be circulated among all the upper-classmen tomorrow by the CRIMSON.,

With information compiled from the answers to this questionnaire, causes for the current trend in extra-curricular activity at Harvard will be sought. During the present college generation, enrollment figures for such activities as managerial and publication competitions have dropped sharply, while participation in House and informal activities has correspondingly gained.

A need for more information regarding the pleasure and value to be derived from various activities, as well as their time-consuming defects, has often been voiced. Aside from the annual Phillips Brooks House assembly at the beginning of each year, no guidance in this important matter is now available to underclassmen.

The importance of an undergraduate extra-curricular career is brought home to Seniors every spring when they apply for jobs and admission to graduate schools. Very often this record sways the balance, and many Seniors are now regretting they did not plan their outside activities more carefully.