Advertisement

New Building for Crimson Is Approved at Fortieth Dinner

(From the CRIMSON issue of May 10, 1913.)

At the fortieth annual dinner of the CRIMSON in the Union last night, over a hundred guests, including former editors and other men intimately interested in the affairs of the University enthusiastically approved a proposition to erect a building for the CRIMSON. Besides H. M. Williams '85, who proposed the plan for a new home, W. R. Thayer '81 spoke on "Recollections of An Old Editor," Dean B. S. Hurlbut '87 on "The CRIMSON and the College," Dr. Endicott Peabody on "An Outsider's View," and R. C. Evarts '13 on "The Undergraduate and His Relation to Better Things."

The proposed permanent home for the CRIMSON is to be located on Plympton street, just below Hampden Hall, according to the scheme outlined by H. M. Williams '85. The plans already made provide for a building of three stories and basement to be constructed in the Georgian type, in harmony with other University buildings. The edifice will be made of Harvard brick with stone trimmings.

The erection of the building, which is to cost slightly over $40,000, was shown to be financially feasible. The project will now be pushed in the hope of having the roof on before winter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement