Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

PRESIDENT ELIOT ON NATIONAL UNIVERSITY

That Harvard is expanding into a great national University is the most conspicuous phase of its present development. President Lowell, in his recent report, showed the working of the new admission requirements and noted particularly Harvard's intimate connection with the entire country. However, important work remains yet to be done, and this service the Federation of Territorial Clubs has been designed to aid. In many sections of the country misconceptions and prejudices exist to the detriment of the University, and these unfounded popular ideas have persisted because not combatted....

That this organization is to be of permanent service is evident from its rapid growth and acquisition of a home in the Union. As was announced several weeks ago, the old assembly room has been fitted up in excellent style and will serve as a clubroom for the Federation. With a compact organization and its own headquarters, the Federation has the elements of strength and permanence, and that its work will be extensive and influential is certain.

This evening the new rooms are to be formally opened, and the occasion will be impressive because President Eliot will speak on what he considers a university must be in order to be national. The subject is important because of its relation to Harvard's present development, and decidedly opportune, for the work of the Federation is to help make Harvard national. What President Eliot has to say this evening will probably constitute a masterful statement of Harvard's prime problem.