ED INGALLS ON MOUND TODAY AGAINST TIGERS

Big Righthander Slated to Hurl First Game Since Opener This Afternoon Here; Yardlings Meet Brown

Eddie Ingalls is slated to take his first turn on the mound since the season opener with Virginia, this afternoon, as the Crimson nine will seek its second win over Princeton at 3 o'clock on the Soldiers Field diamond.

After losing the Virginia game 7-4 on the spring trip, Ingalls, Varsity mound mainstay for two years, developed a sore arm, which has kept him inactive to date. In practice yesterday the big righthander gave evidence that his layoff has in no way affected his speed or control on the rubber.

In case of very cold weather, Coach Fred Mitchell may insert either Tom Healey or Slim Curtiss into the starting mound position. In addition to Healey and Curtiss, Art Johns may see service twirling if a relief pitcher is necessary.

The Tigers will probably use the same battery that a week ago bowed to Crimson 14-13 in a slugfest at the Nassau field. Bob Riddle will start at the hurling end with Ed Givens receiving.

Harvard is at present in second place with two wins and one loss, trailing Cornell which has won both its games this season.

The Yardlings will be after their sixth victory of the season when they face the favored Brown Freshmen at Providence today. Either Jack Schwede or Charlie Brackett will get the starting call from Coach Samborski for pitching while Bob Regan will do the catching