Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

RUSSIAN-JAPANESE WAR FORESEEN BY MARSHALL

CITES NIPPONESE AMBITIONS IN GUARDIAN BROADCAST

Russia will fight Japan only in self-defense, Kendrie N. Marshall '21, instructor in Government, claimed last night, speaking in the Guardian broadcast over radio station WEEL.

Pointing out that Russian had no reason for picking a fight, Marshall cited Japan's recent vigorous expansion program and imperialistic ambitions, as well as the desire for natural resources and the fear of Communism, perennial Nipponese bogey, as reasons why the island empire might attack the great Bear on its North.

"The present warfare in China is another stage in preparation for an attack on Russia," he asserted, for Japan wants Chinese raw materials, as well as a territorial wedge between China and the Soviets.

Meanwhile the Russian Bear has awakened to the Yellow Peril and massed defences along the Manchurian border. In addition to "Siberia's life-line," double tracked railway across the barrens, a second road has been constructed 200 miles further from the border. The Russian army has 400,000 men in the East, as well as 1500 planes within flying distance of Japan's industrial cities. Caches of Munitions and food are also ready for the Soviets.

"Neither the Russian nor the Japanese man-in-the-street wants war," Marshall concluded.