Crimson Nine Edges Brown 7-6 in Late Innings Here

Healey Keeps Bruins' 12 Hits Well Scattered, While Nine Nicks 10 Knocks

Dick Grondahl's timely single in the seventh inning and Dave Shean's triple to remote left in the next canto were the big blows by which the Harvard nine was able to edge out Brown 7-6 on Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon.

Tom Healey pitched all the way for the Crimson, allowing the Bruins twelve hits over the distance. After Harvard had tied the score in the eighth, however, Big Tom seemed to take heart and did not allow a trace of a bingle in the last two frames.

Crimson Plays Well

As against Tufts on Monday, the Mitchellmen came up with a three-run first inning, Art Johns, Bob Gannett, Dick Grondahl, and Rud Hoye all Contributing base knocks. But the boys were playing a different brand of ball out there yesterday and did not lie down after that first.

Brown had tallied one in the last, two in the third, one in the fifth, and two in the seventh, however, and Harvard had only been able to add one in the third. Thus the Crimson went into the last of the seventh trailing 6-4. Johns and Lupien drew walks to open the inning, and a new Bruin Hurler, Devaney was summoned. Gannett bunted both men along, and then Gron dahl appeared at the plate to golf a low pitch over the second baseman's head and produce the tying markers.

In the eighth catcher Bob Fulton walked, and after one was out, Shean cowtailed a Devaney fast ball to left to chalk up the winning run.

There was plenty of beefing from the Bruins after Umpire Connors ruled the final out at first base with the bases leaded in the fourth. The Brown centerfielder went so far as to infer that Connors ancestors had not come ever it the Mayflower. The irate lad drew exiling for his efforts.

ab  r  h  po  a  oShean, 2b  4  0  1  2  1  0Johns, ss  2  2  1  1  1  0Lupien, 1b  4  2  0  8  2  1Gennett, cf  4  1  1  3  0  0Grondahl, 3b  4  1  2  2  1  0Hoye, r.f  4  0  2  2  1  0Weiner, lf  3  0  1  4  0  1Fulton, f  2  1  1  4  0  0Healey, p  1  0  1  1  3  128  7  10  27  8