BOLLES' OARSMEN WIN IN TIME TRIAL EVENTS

Varsity and Jayvee Boats Depart for Princeton Today for Early Practice On Lake Carnegie

Tom Bolles' flashy eight men whipped the Charles into furious foam yesterday in the first time trial since the Rowe Cup Regatta and in preparation for the Compton Cup classic at Princeton this Saturday.

Unleashing pent-up power in a mile and three-quarters run, Spike Chace's boat out stripped the confident Yardlings by four lengths. The Jayvees were only two feet behind the Freshman, the Union Boat Club trailing the seconds by several lengths. A week ago the Varsity pulled away from Harvey Love's eight by only two and a half lengths.

At the same time a snappy Third Varsity led the Fourth boat in a supplementary race. Boston University's splashing oarsmen followed some distance in arrears.

The Varsity and Jayvee crews leave for Princeton today in order to cram in a few practice jaunts on Lake Carnegie. The Tigers ran off with the Compton trophy for four years before being upset by the Crimson blades last season.