Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Citing Toxic Culture and Administrator Departures, Harvard School of Public Health Faculty Repeatedly Weighed Voting No Confidence in Dean

Elizabeth Wurtzel ’89, Who Collected Friends ‘Like Beads on a String,’ Dies at 52

Multimedia

The Photos That Captured the 2010s

Over the Wire

Democrats Hail Pepper Win

WASHINGTON--The Administration tonight appeared to have the whiphand over Congress on whether the embattled wage-hour bill will be enacted. Its sweeping victory in yesterday's Florida primary in which the measure was a clear cut issue, threw an entirely new light on the battle and proponents forecast that recalcitrant, especially in the House, would now flock to the wage-hour standard.

WASHINGTON--Top-ranking Administration officials tonight jubilantly proclaimed that the Renomination of Sen. Claude Popper, D., Fla., ardent New Dealer, in yesterday's primaries, constituted a blanket endorsement of President Roosevelt's liberal policies and a sign that the Chief Executive's personal popularity is not waning.

WASHINGTON--Chairman Jesse-Jones of the Reconstruction Finance Corporation today bluntly told the nation's bankers that they have been neither wise nor energetic in meeting the credit needs of the country and warned that government control of banking is a "live" subject. Addressing a round-table gathering at the annual Chamber of Commerce of the United States Convention, Jones reminded the bankers that there's is a franchise that carries responsibility and "not merely a privilege.