Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Polo Team Defeats Army to Enter Final of Collegiates

Championship Play Is Scheduled for Tuesday

Harvard advanced to the finals of the National Intercollegiate Polo Championship at Bedminster, New Jersey, by virtue of its 12-10 victory over Army at the Burnt Mills Polo Club.

A field made soft by morning rains which for a time threatened to cause postponement, slowed play somewhat, but the contest was one of the closest seen in college ranks this season The score was knotted at five different times during the match.

The Crimson jumped into a 2-1 lead in the first period, but the Cadets tied the count at 4-all in the second session and left the field at half time with a 6-5 advantage.

Harvard went back into the lead, 8-7, in the fourth chukker, and then the teams went into the final session tied at 8-all.

Skiddy Von Stade Jr. put the Crimson ahead with a quick goal and hen Bennett Forbes, the game's high scorer with six points, increased the lead to two. With a minute and a half to go, Bill West tallied for Army, but another score by Forbes a minute later sowed up the game for Harvard.

The summary:

HARVARD--B. Forbes, 1; G. Dillingham, 2; E. B. Von Stade, Jr., 3; B. H. Rumsey, back.

Score by chukkers: Harvard  2  2  1  3  1  3--12 Army  1  3  2  1  2  1--10