‘It’s a Limbo’: Grad Students, Frustrated by Harvard’s Response to Bullying Complaint, Petition for Reform

Community Groups Promote Vaccine Awareness Among Cambridge Residents of Color

Students Celebrate Upcoming Harvard-Yale Game at CEB Spirit Week

Harvard Epidemiologist Michael Mina Resigns, Appointed Chief Science Officer at eMed

Harvard Likely to Loosen Campus Covid Restrictions in the Spring, Garber Says

Model Airplanes Sail Through Breeze While Mob of Witnesses Packs Field

No lives were lost, and everybody had a good time at the ninth annual Model Airplane Meet on the Business School Field yesterday afternoon.

About 200 young men and a girl and about three spectators for each contestant crowded the area to watch gaudily painted ships take off, land, and crash just as they do it in the big time.

From 2 until 6 o'clock flights were in progress in the three groups of models; gliders, hand launched; fuselage ships, hand launched, and fuselage ships, launched from the ground under their own power.

Whether or not the meet concluded promptly at the designated hour the local correspondent did not report. He said he had been unable to detect any Harvard entrants and came home after an hour or so.

At the hour of starting, guests were still ranged in front of the measurement and entrance booth. From boxes scattered about paris made their appearance to be speedily assembled. Some aviators were already winding up or making test flights.

All of the ships are painted in bright colors. All of them hand made from original or copied designs, no two seem exactly alike or to the unknowing eye as if any of them could go any considerable distance.

This latter judgment has to be speedily revised. About 20 minutes past the hour, the voice through the amplifier announces that the meet is now opened, and competitors may seek the judges for their flights at any time during the next four hours.

Seize the moment, apparently reasons the first competitor. His ship rises rockily, climbs in a gust of wind, scars off toward the Business School. After three and a half minutes, the judges announces that as it has disappeared from sight, its flight is officially at an end. Later in the afternoon the report flashes about that the missing ship is found in the tower of Dunster House.