Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

The Moviegoer

AT THE UNIVERSITY

In the absence of tomorrow's paper, it may be said at this time that the University is breaking precedent in showing a foreign language picture in its Thursday-through-Sunday run. And a finer picture could scarcely have been chosen than the French "Mayerling."

In what New York tabloids like to think is a close parallel to l'affaire Simpson, the picture retells the tragic story of Archduke Rudolph, heir apparent to the Austrian throne, who gave up position, property, and finally life itself, for the woman he loved. Charles Boyer and Danielle Darrieux are no strangers to American audiences, but under the skillful direction of a compatriot. Anatole Litvac, and unhampered by a plot that demands love, spectacle, and a happy ending, they give to their roles a depth of emotional feeling rarely seen on American screens. For those who have not already seen it, "Mayerling" cannot be too highly recommended.