Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

Summer News Highlights

Stahl Succeeds Mitchell as Crimson Baseball Coach

Floyd Shafter Stahl, baseball coach at Ohio State for the past eight years, will succeed Fred F. Mitchell, who resigned early this summer, as head baseball coach here, it was announced by the Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports. He will come to Cambridge early this fall and will be a year-round coach.

Stahl, who is 38 years old, graduated from the University of Illinois in 1926, where he starred in baseball for three years. After coaching football, basketball, and baseball at Stivers High School in Dayton, Ohio, Stahl went to Ohio State in 1930, where he has been head coach of baseball and an assistant football and basketball coach.

In selecting Stahl the Athletic Committee took a second coach in a six-year period from Ohio State, for Wesley Fesler, coach of the Harvard basketball team and football end coach, was an assistant football and basketball coach there when he accepted the Harvard position in 1933.

William J. Bingham '16, director of Athletics, said that as yet no decision has been made as to what coaching position Stahl would hold in football and basketball. Adolph W. Samborski '27 will continue as Freshman baseball coach, it was revealed.