IMPROVED STAHLEYMEN SET FOR ANDOVER GAME

Need Kicker to Take Place of Injured Waldstein; Sharpe Edges Stannard For Guard Berth

Freshman football hopes brighten with every day of practice and, despite injuries in the backfield, prospects for Saturday's game appear excellent.

Chief worry at the moment is a fullback. With Waldstein and Whittler on the sidelines the berth has gone to Abbott, who a week ago was on the third team. Whether he will measure up in other departments is a most point, but it is quite clear that he can't replace Waldstein as a kicker. Nor can anyone else, and with the hopes of Waldstein being ready to play for any length of time rather dim, this dilemma may cause considerable trouble.

The only change in the line is at right guard, where Sharpe replaces Stannard as the result of a steady improvement. But at right end Morgan has drawn almost equal to Forte while Durwood is pressing Page at center.

Sparking the backfield, McNicol and Loring should share the spotlight Saturday. Both have proved themselves competent runners with McNicol looking very good on fakes and as a pass-flinger. It looks as if either Glass or Camp might develop into an adequate blocking back, but for the present, Goldthwaite is quite secure in the berth he has held since the opening game.