LAW PROFESSORS PLAN TEN PUBLIC LECTURES

SUBJECTS DEAL WITH IMPORTANT LEGAL QUESTIONS

This year, under the auspices of the Law School, members of the Faculty will give a series of ten public lectures, each upon a subject in which the speaker is specializing, and directed at significant present day tendencies, current problems, and other recent developments, the University announced yesterday.

Law School officials wish to emphasize that these lectures are not intended as more summaries of or supplements to the routine instruction of the School. The subject-matter has been so designed so as to have broad interest and value for the legal profession and the public.

The lectures are to be delivered in the Courtroom of Langdell Hall at 8 o'clock on various Wednesday evenings from November to March.

Schedule of Speakers

According to the present schedule, Roscoe Pound will inaugurate the series November 1 with a talk on "The Economic Interpretation and the Law of Torts." Other speakers include: Sidney P. Simpson, "A Possible Solution to the Pleading Problem," November 15; Walter B. Leach, "A Study in Will and Trust Draftsmanship," December 6; Erwin N. Griswold, "Some State and National Boundaries," December 13; Livingston Hall, "Mistake of Law in Criminal Cases," January 10; Thomas R. Powell, "Some Aspects of American Constitutional Law," January 17; James A. McLaughlin, "Federal Governmental Regulation of Business," February 7; Zechariah Chafee, Jr., "Unfair Competition," February 28; Henry M. Hart, "Hearings before Administrative Tribunals," March 13; and Dean Landis, "Crucial Issues in Administrative Law," March 27.