Students Taking Dates to Penn Game Will Occupy Seats Near Goal-Lines

Single Ticket-Holders Get Best Seats in Order to Provide Cheering Section

If you are taking a date to the Penn game this Saturday you will probably have to walk into the stadium to a pair of seats somewhere between the goal line and the 15 yard stripe. Don't be embarrassed about it though, because almost every other Harvard man taking a girl to the game is in the same fix.

The sad part about the whole situation is that if more men had dates for the game, the location of the average pair of pasteboards for you and your date would be much better, because the fewer the number of singles applied for, the better the doubles will be. The H.A.A. always forms a cheering section in the center part of the stands, consisting of all the 3,000-odd contribution book holders who want but one ticket for the game.

Reservations Have Been Few

In addition to these undergraduates, the H.A.A. ticket office also gives preference (in the order named) to single applications from officers of the College, former "H" football players, faculty members, Varsity Club men, alumni (oldest to youngest), and graduate school students.

The reservations for additional tickets for the Penn, and also for the Dartmouth games, have been so light that the center cheering group of single undergraduates has been necessarily enlarged to a considerable extent in the calculations of the ticket office.

Single Applications Get Best Seats

Men occupying single seats will fill most of sections 33, 34, and 35. Beyond that, group reservations are placed as near as possible to the center of the field. The ticket office recognizes the right of each man to have two good seats for a game, but after that it draws the line. If you want four seats for a game, you will have to take two of them out near the goal line. Before you get these extra two, you would have to wait until all of the other two-ticket applications had been filled.

Undergraduates are permitted to apply for seats together, but a Sophomore, for example, cannot improve his classification by applying with a Senior. In that case, both must take seats nominally allotted to the second year men.