Five of the Quaker Stars for Today's Game

HARVARD DECEPTION PREFERRED TO PENNSYLVANIA POWER

Arthur Sampson of the Herald: "Looks like a close game, with Penn having the edge from experience."

Al Burns of the Post: "I prodict a 13 to 6 win for Harvard, on trickery."

Joo Cashman of the American: "Having seen both Pennsylvania and Harvard play this year, I feel that Harvard is a much better offensive team, and though they are still untested, I think they have enough ability to defeat Pennsylvania--14 to 6."

Mel Webb of the Globe: "It will provide the Crimson with their first pressure game of the year. . . . The Harvard defense is still untested. . . . Pennsylvania naturally ranks as a favorite before the game. . . Penn has a dangerous air game."

Sam Cohen of the Record: "Harvard will win by three touchdowns to one, unless Penn plays a lot better than last week."

George Carens of the Transcript: "If experience and power are to prevail tomorrow, Penn will subdue the Crimson. . . . It would be unwise to climb out on a limb and predict certain victory for the Red and Blue, but the Philadelphia visitors have fine poise and spirt."

Arthur Siegel of the Traveler: "Harvard is a slight favorite, but the choice is on possibilities rather than results. . . . The Crimson will show power, but as usual couple this with guile. . . . Penn has more experienced players."

"Mr. Z" of the Sunday Advertiser: "Harvard is going to win, 14 to 7. Penn has power, but Harvard has deception, and will probably get its touchdowns on a long pass and a long run. The Crimson won't have any sustained drives; Macdonald will probably break away for a score. Penn has a strong line and a good defense, but Harvard will win by deception."

Web Morse of the Christian Science Monitor: "Penn has a vast start over the Crimson by way of experience. Possibly more than half of Harvard's starting line will find boys who have never played in a major contest. That factor cannot be overlooked. . . . It must be made up by alertness and effort. Macdonald is sure to come in for particular notice."

Vic Jones of the Globe: "This is Harvard's first crucial game, while Pennsylvania has had two tough ones. The outcome is problematical. It will be a close game all the way, and though Harvard may pull a couple of touchdowns, it's really a toss-up."

John Kieran of the New York Times: "This looks like a big battle. Horace, was a soldier at one time . . . he enlisted with Brutus and "Yon Cassius" and that army lost by a couple of touchdowns at Phillippi. Mark Antony kicked all the points after touchdowns. In fear and trembling, one hesitant vote for Harvard."