Katherine Cornell Avows Her Weakness For All Harvard Men, Young and Old

Actress, Now at Wilbur Theatre, Plans to Tour U.S.A. with "No Time for Comedy"

Miss Katherine Cornell, now starring in "No Time for Comedy" at the Wilbur, said yesterday that, although forced to admit in the play that she has no son in Harvard, she has known and liked Harvard men all her life. She hastened to add, however, that she did not marry one.

Horn in Berlin and brought up in Buffalo in what she terms one of the "Harvard periods" of that city, Miss Cornell made her theatrical debut with the Washington Square Players in 1917. Since that time she has acted in many Shakespearean and modern plays, becoming one of the most accomplished and renowned stage actress of the present day.

Plans to Tour U. S.

After the termination of the run in Boston, Miss Cornell plans to follow "No Time for Comedy" on a tour of the United States to the West Coast. Then she hopes to take a vacation, but says it is very possible that she will begin another performance -- probably a "bawdy" Shakespearean comedy--immediately.

Thus far "No Time for Comedy" has been very successful, playing to full houses in both New York and Boston. The cast, which includes Francis Lederer, has also been praised highly in newspaper reviews.