Morize to Direct News, Propaganda Bureau for French; Asks for Leave

Well-Known French Lecturer Won Croix-de Guerre in Last War

Reliable sources indicated last night that Andre Morize, professor of French, has applied for one year's leave of absence to take up a position with the French Ministry of Propaganda under the direction of Jean Giraudoux, former Harvard instructor.

Morize went to France for a vacation after completing his work at the Middle-bury College Summer School. He was expected to return to Cambridge in September to resume his teaching duties at Harvard, but no word had been received from him until a few days ago.

Not Giving French 30

The French Department assigned another instructor to Morize's French 30 course today, indicating that Professor Morize was not expected back this semester.

The well known French lecturer will collaborate with the Minister of Propaganda in censoring news and issuing communiques to the press concerning war developments. Giraudoux and Morize were assigned by the French Government to Harvard in 1917 to instruct future members of the A.E.F. in trench warfare.

Morize received the Croix de Guerre for valor after being wounded three times during the last war. Last year he was awarded the cross of an officer in the Legion of Honor.