BLUE VODKA ON THE WALL

When Communist pamphlets were confiscated at Harvard two weeks ago, "The New York Times" stated triumphantly that authorities were beginning a quiet and efficient drive against "red" groups in the University. The story turned out to be almost completely false. Just a few days later when unimpeachable sources reported that a new "ism"-- the Yale Imperialist Association--had long been burrowing beneath the Yale Campus, "The Times" refused to touch it. Only the courageous "Yale News" dared print that undergraduates "tossed off their vodka, smashed their glasses against the wall, and pledged their White Russian honor to the Romanoffs".

How seriously the Czarist web has enveloped Yale is apparent from the idealistic blood-oath taken by each of the members "testifying to his resolution of chastity and obedience until a Romanoff sits again on the Russian throne." The consequences of such a promise in any average American community, or even to New York debutantes, is greater than the Dies Committee itself could imagine. Of all the great oaths in history, none have gone so far. Even the Ten Commandments included only "obedience." What means the revolutionists will use to impose "chastity" is beyond the wildest imagination. Already they seem to have made one step towards the opposite direction by pointing the Czarist "drang nach" Wellesley, Smith and Vassar. The Muscovite Maidens--open to all girls of White Russian blood or sentiments--will for the moment continue their activities of "making and wrapping bandages."

Not for long can Yale authorities continue to overlook the serious direction in which a little vodka has turned student heads. The names of the leaders--"V. Leggakacheff, S. Pullizpantzoff, X. Wachtoff, and D. Ginsburgovitch"--have already been revealed. It remains only for the crusading "Yale News" to make university authorities fully aware of the "White menace" and to send all remmants of Czaritst Imperialism back to Lenin.