WRESTLERS MEET NAVY AT ANNAPOLIS TODAY

Midshipmen Slightly Favored, as Team Wrestles Second Outstanding Squad Of Season

For the first time since they faced Princeton, the wrestling team is facing real opposition, as they meet the midshipmen at Annapolis. So far the Navy team has been defeated but once in three contests.

The Crimson grapplers have likewise only lost one match, but it was the Lehigh team that only managed to oke out a 17 1/2 to 12 1/2 victory against Navy. This gives Navy an edge in the encounter this afternoon.

There have been few changes in the Harvard lineup, as Pete Illman out-wrestled "Bunny" Barnes for the 155 berth, and as Duncan Longcope wrestles at 175. "Ric" Richter is once more back at 136.

Capt. Harvey Ross, in the 121 pound class, stands the favorite over his opponent who is but a Yearling, Bertram. On the other hand, the more experienced Gould of the Navy is slightly favored over Ted Schoenberg, Crimson sophomore, but Ted has been steadily gaining experience during the past contests and really presents a threat to the Middles.

Richter has to face the Captain of the Navy team and has the toughest job on the team. He is beginning to become a seasoned wrestler and is bound to present a fight, but Capt. Leigh has the advantage in experience. Bruce Richardson, the sophomore who has remained undefeated to date has to endeavor to continue his record against seasoned midshipman Reynolds. It is only Bruce's inexperience in varsity matches that leaves any doubt as to the issue.

At 155, Pete Illman has less of a problem than might seem at first. While he has never been a colorful wrestler, he is always steady when under pressure. This is the principal factor that leaves him favorite over Yearling Searle. The fight in the 165 lb. class in absolutely unpredictable. Both wrestlers are in the same class, and while Bill Daughaday has had a very successful season so far, he did lose his last match. However, this may have the effect of improving his chances against Lamb. Duncan Longcope, a new sophomore in the ranks is an unknown quantity, at 175, while Boston is a slight favorite against Bergner the Navy unlimited wrestler