DEBATING COUNCIL TO INCREASE MEMBERSHIP

LEE WADE AND COOLIDGE PRIZES ARE COMBINED

Tryouts for additional members of the Debating Council will be held in Lowell House Common Room Wednesday evening at 7:30 o'clock.

The tryouts take on a special significance with the announcement of the Debating Council that the Lee Wade speaking prize money will be added to the money of the Coolidge award so that two prizes of one hundred and of fifty dollars each will be given to the two best men in the Harvard-Yale-Princeton debates.

Candidates for the Debating Council have been asked to prepare three minute speeches on either side of one of the following questions:

Resolved: That the United States government should own and operate the railroads of the United States.

Resolved: That the Neutrality Act should be repealed.

Resolved: that motion pictures are more harmful than beneficial to the American people.

Only those who are at present members of the Council or who become members at these tryouts will be eligible for the prizes to be offered at the debates.

Eight radio debates over WAAB on Friday afternoons between three and four o'clock have been definitely scheduled by the Debating Council starting on February 7, and continuing into the middle of April.