Racquetmen Meet Yale Squad Today With Confidence

Recent Victories Boost Crimson Chances in Clash With Unbeaten Blue

This afternoon the Harvard Squash Team will reach the climax of its season when it faces a strong Yale aggregation in the new Hemenway Gymnasium squash courts. Although the Yale racquetmen have been unbeaten in intercollegiate competition during the past two years, Harvard's impressive recent string of victories gives them about an even chance of victory.

Paced by Kim Canavarro '40, fresh from an excellent showing in the National Championship at Chicago, Coach Jack Barnaby's team presents a well balanced lineup. Other lettermen include Frank Appleton '39, James Rousmaniere '40, and Captain Geroge B. Blake '39, who has yet to lose an individual match to Yale. The rest of the team consists of Daniel Ladd '41, last year's Freshman captain, Warren Williams '39, William Wood '40, John Palfrey '40 member of the tennis team, and John Glidden '41, brother of Germaine Glidden '36, twice national squash champion.

Last weekend the Harvard team travelled south where it turned in two smashing victories over Pennsylvania on Friday six matches to one, and over Princeton the next day seven to nothing. Princeton had previously been beaten by Yale by a score of six matches to three. This fact coupled with Harvard's recent victories over the Union Boat Club Blues and the Harvard Club, gives the Crimson team a good chance of stopping Yale's consecutive string of victories.