Lacrosse Team Holds Night Drills in Briggs Cage Under Skip Stahley in Preparation for Spring Trip

With only two weeks more left before the spring trip to the South the Varsity lacrosse squad, under the dynamic coaching of Skip Stahley, has been holding night drills in Briggs Cage. Since the majority of his men are Sophomores and Juniors, Skip has been working intensively to discover new stars and to develop effective combinations.

Forming the nucleus are five seniors, with whom several of last year's Freshman team have been training. Hank Rieckin '39, stocky defender of the goal last season, has been moved up to forward position, with George Hanford '41 taking his place in front of the net.

Although not available last year, Senior Bill Towner is likely to see plenty of active service before long in a midfield post. An experienced and reliable defense is Ralph Livingston '39, a letterman both his Sophomore and Junior years. A sure bulwark is Al Blanchard '39, who has shown great possibilities in the midfield. Another midfield position is being contested for by veteran Jim Sullivan, the remaining Senior.

Of the Juniors Ben Wilcox and Ben Ferris, both lettermen from last season, have shown particular promise. Rugged and aggressive, Norm Blotner '40 has made a brilliant record as a defense player. Other potentially valuable representatives of the class of 1940 are Ed Behr, Gordon Halstead, Dick Lewis, Jim Doughty, Jess Willard, Ed Childs, and Lee Bird.