DESCENT INTO THE DELTA

"Cast care away and carol along on the Carawan" cry the Associated Harvard Clubs, "a special stream-lined deluxe train, a whole Harvard train for whole Harvard men painted CRIMSON (inside and out)." Whereupon Harvard graduates are sent careening down to New Orleans for their forty-second annual meeting. What could be nicer.

Today at 12:56 P. M. Charles R. Apted will take over Lehman Hall: "President Conant and about twelve members of the University attending the meeting, already have their reservations on the Caravan. Who's next? "The Caravan choo choos along and picks up more Harvard men at each stop (see how it works)." No sooner settled in the deep South at their headquarters, the Hotel Roosevelt, the Harvard gentlemen will have to face three busy days. At symposia, business meetings, and graduate school seminars, such topics as "Youth Dons the Toga of Citizenship," "The Student helps the Dean" and "Shifting Postulates in Modern Legal Development" will carefully be disposed of.

On Sunday there will be an all-day outing. In addition there will be extra-curricular activities, "but it should be added that no extra credits toward the degrees of A.H.C. can be granted on the records of the Secretary!" For example, on Friday, April fourteenth, a luncheon will be given by the Bureau of Governmental Research at which M. Seasongood '00 will speak.

No efforts will be spared to make the visit a symbol of Southern hospitality. There will be steamboat rides, negro spirituals and barbecues. And behind all this lies the desire to spread Harvard's influence in a national sense and make it possible for the alumni to observe the intellectual progress of the University. Harvard is the richest university in the country, thanks largely to its alumni.