210 MEN OF CLASS OF '42 ADD NAMES TO HOUSE PROTEST

Yardlings Also Suggest Group IV Men With Three Outside Activities Be Guaranteed Admission

With 210 Yardling signatures already obtained by last night, the petition sponsored by a group of 11 prominent members of the class of 1942 protesting against the methods of House selections and suggesting a system of 'specific standards for admission to the Houses" will come before the Student Council at tonight's meeting.

After being posted in the Union for the last two days, the protest was last night brought before Langdon P. Marvin '41, adviser to the Student Council on Freshman affairs, for consideration.

The petition suggests a program that 'aims to bring about closer adherence to the present Student Council recommendation on the House selection methods and will set up definite standards whereby energetic men can all be assured of admission to the Houses on the basis of meritable work."

Dean's List Guarantee

Proposing that all men on the Dean's list will be guaranteed admission 'though not necessarily to their House of first choice," the petition goes on to suggest that all men in Group Four who are engaged in at least three specified "important" extra-curricular activities, also be assured a place in one of the Houses.

Among the other important suggestions included in the protest are that National Scholarship men, Union waiters, and men working their way through school be given preference over those otherwise on an equal qualification basis with them, that applications be accompanied by a confidential financial report blank, and that group applications be considered on a "a comparative, collective basis."