HELP FROM STUDENTS WINS CABBIES' STRIKE

Aid From Student Union in Picket Line Proves Deciding Factor in Five Week Deadlock

Following five weeks of continuous picketing, the Yellow Cab strikers yesterday won most of their points before the State Board of Arbitration and Conciliation. All men will return to work today.

During the next seven days, negotiations will be carried on between the company and the drivers. Sole bargaining rights have been given to the C.I.O. union, but a closed shop was omitted. The company was also successful in avoiding the proposed check-off system, which provides for employer payment of union dues.

Harvard Organizations Help

Two days following the start of the strike, John Russell '32 took charge as coordinator. The Student Union and the Teachers' Union took part, with undergraduates helping out in the picketing. Wives of Faculty members aided the strikers by preparing food for the strikers.

According to Russell, the weather was favorable, and picketing was interrupted by rain on only two days Harvard students picketed at various times during the strike and also between 11:30 and 12:30 o'clock at night when the theatre crowd was heaviest.

Wellesley and Radcliffe girls volunteered, pushing baby carriages and designing floats which were displayed in the Square and along Massachusetts Avenue.