Bevis to Accept OSU Presidency; Confers Saturday

To Take Office at Fifth Largest University Sometime During This Spring

Offered the presidency of the country's fifth largest university, Ohio State, Howard L. Bevis, William Ziegler Professor of Government and Law, last night announced that be would accept the post, probably taking over his new duties in the spring.

The fifty-four year old professor in the School of Business Administration received the news of his appointment by long distance telephone from Columbus yesterday afternoon after the O. S. U. board of trustees had elected him at its meeting.

To Confer This Weekend

Professor Bevis expects to confer with the board this weekend in the Ohio capital. So far, he stated, all the negotiations have been purely informal. No definite date for his assumption of duties has yet been set.

A graduate of the University of Cincinnati in 1914, Professor Bevis attended the Harvard Law School in 1919-20 and received the degree of Doctor of Juridical Science.

He returned to practice law in Cincinnati and to teach at his alma mater. From 1931 to 1933 he was State Director of Finance in Ohio, before serving for two years on the Ohio Supreme Court. In 1935 he resumed, for a short time, his post as finance director. Later that year he joined the faculty of the Business School.