'44 WILL HAVE POLITICAL FORUM

From Both Political Parties

Interest in the current presidential campaign, as indicated in the recently tabulated Freshman activity cards, is strong enough to warrant creation of a "political forum" this fall with outstanding figures from both political parties as guest speakers, it was announced last night by Caspar Weinberger 3L, Secretary of the Union.

Out of 380 cards filled out by members of the class of '44, 115 expressed approval of such a program, tabulations revealed. The first of the meetings, Weinberger said, will take place in about two weeks, and there will be three meetings before election day.

Hard to Get "Big Names"

Effort will be made to get nationally-known party members to address the group and then participate in discussions, he said, but no speakers have been definitely engaged as yet. Weinberger anticipates some difficulty in getting prominent, "big-name" speakers, as most politicos have jam-packed schedules from now on to November.

The tabulation of the special interests of the Yardlings found a still larger group--129--favorable toward a discussion group devoted solely to international relations. The Freshman Concert Audience also received generous support, with 123 expressing interest in that musical series. "Dramatics" and "Debating and Discussion Groups" received 69 votes apiece, and chess enthusiasts, numbering 61, were close behind.