UNIVERSITY NAMES NEW PROCTORS

Authorities Also Announce Winners Of Law School Prizes

Appointment of four proctors to serve in College dormitories during the academic year, in addition to those announced last spring was made public yesterday. Also announced was the award of prizes to outstanding students in the Law School during the past year.

John Dorman '36, of New York City, first year graduate student and former teacher at Loomis School, has been appointed to Matthews Hall, and Ray F. Cline '39, of Terre Hauto, Ind., who studied last year at Balliol College, Oxford, has been appointed to Weld Hall.

Robert Haydock Jr. '39, of Ipswich, Mass., first year law student and former track captain, was named to the house at 44-46 Mt. Auburn St., while Howard F. Cline '39, of Indianapolis, Ind., winner of a Sheldon Fellowship last year, was appointed to the new Farlow House at 24 Quincy St.

$400 Awards Made

Sears prizes of $400 each, awarded annually to students in the Law School who have done the most brilliant work in their class during the year, were given to Jonathan E. Goldmark 3L, of White Plains, N. Y.; Matthew J. Kust 3L, of Madison, Wis.; Carl Cherin 2L, of Denmark, Wis.; and Dudley B. Tenney 2L, of Washington D. C.

The Addison Brown prize of $250, for the best essay by a Law School student on a subject of maritime or private international law, was awarded to Hans H. Frey, of Kingston, pa., who graduated from the Law School in June.

The Joseph H. Beale prize, awarded to the student obtaining the highest grade in the examination in conflict of laws, was divided between John H. Maclay Jr.; of Dubuque, Ia.; and Marx Leva, of Selma, Ala., both of whom graduated from the Law School in June.

Daniel C. Smolens '42, of Roxbury, Mass., was awarded the Sophomore Tutorial prize in English of $50, it was also officially announced.