250 WILLKIE MEN PARADE

Torchlight Procession Ends With Youth-Spanking Talk

Carrying torches and cowbells and shouting their chorus of "We Want Willkie," over 250 students of Boston colleges paraded from Dunster House to the New Lecture Hall last night to hear a graduate, a professor, and a Yale man argue in favor of the Republican candidate for president.

Ernest Angell '11, Malcolm P. McNair '16, professor of Marketing, and McGeorge Bundy, Yale '40, the three featured speakers of the rally, were noby aided by the efforts of one Brother-hood Rhodes, who stood up in his seat at intervals to shout encouragements.

Professor McNair, one of the best known teachers in the Business School, told how he had changed his mind between 1933 and 1940 about the ability of Franklin Roosevelt to run the government.

Citing the wrecking of the London conference, the N.R.A., the pig-killing, the pump priming, the court packing, and the purging as his reasons for distrusting the President, he labeled him "a brilliant amateur, fond of playing by ear."

"The one overshadowing, overwhelming issue that emerges from the campaign is the age-old question of the all-powerful state versus the individual," Professor McNair concluded.

According to Angell, former regional administrator of the S.E.C. in New York, the basic issues in the election are three: keeping America democratic, preventing class hatred, and keeping out of war.

When the speakers had finished, their vocal supporter, who looked as though he ought to be a senator of the downeast type, rose to his feet and delivered a short but fervid address which started as a paean of praise for Wendell Willkie and ended as a denunciation of modern youth and Harvard in particular