Sophomores May Still Try For Business Board

Once again Sophomores have a chance to become adept at advertising, sales manship and at business promotion, as the Crimson opens its doors to competitors for the business board next Tuesday.

Providing a valuable range of experience from which to draw in future business deals, the competition will help to train the candidate in the art of telling people what they need, and when they need it. In the best Barnum tradition, candidates will be in the position where they can solve problems of convincing a large audience.

Handle Large Sums

Beyond the lesser tasks of writing and running advertising copy, there will be the valuable experience of handling funds for a large business and in keeping accounts straight.

Fascinating Experience

Behind the seemingly vast amounts of black type that appear on the printed pages of the newspapers, there is a complicated yet fascinating story of sales, collections, and payments. All of these form the frame-work on which business candidates will build the experience which is of inestimable value to them in the future.

$28,000 Turnover

Then there is of course the value that the competition and subsequent membership on the CRIMSON board provides in themselves. To keep the CRIMSON running is keeping a fullfiedged business with an annual turnover of approximately 28,000 dollars. There is naturally, then, the chance to use ingenuity as well as energy.