THOMAS WILL SPEAK HERE

Socialist Candidate Will End Campaign with Harvard Talk

Norman Thomas, Socialist candidate for President will make his last speech of the campaign in New Lecture Hall on November 4, the day before election day, it was announced yesterday by Arthur G. Biltings 3G, president of the Harvard Socialist Forum.

The engagement is definite, Billings declared, Thomas already having been contacted and New Lecture Hall having been reserved for the meeting, which will be open to all Harvard and Radcliffe students.

Forum Meets Next Week

Also scheduled is a smaller meeting of the "active supporters of Socialist candidates Thomas and Maynard Krueger, to be held next Tuesday, October 15, in Phillips Brooks House. The gathering will consist mainly of Harvard and Radcliffe Forum members, but others interested in doing campaign work are invited, he said.

A ten-year party member and a member of the State Executive Committee of the Socialist Party, Billings feels very optimistic about the vote this fall, predicting that "Socialists will probably get the largest vote in the history of the party, as voting Socialist is the only way for an American citizen to register a protest against conscription and intervention."

About 30 University students have come to him for buttons and literature, and more are expected, Billings said.