LAMPY PREXY ADVISES CRIMSON TRYOUT FOR HOUR EXAM SURFEITED FRESHMEN

'44 Starts on Path to News. Photo. Busy Boards on Thursday at 7:30

W. Russell Bowle, Jr. '41 (rhymes with "gooey"). President of the Lampoon, who has compete unsuccessfully for the business, photographic, and news boards of the Crimson, said last night: "Freshmen shouldn't be discouraged by my example: I'm not so hot. The Crimson is interesting, readable. Lively, brave, clean, and reverent. Thank you very much for the free subscription."

For Freshmen who wish to find out what makes Harvard College tick, there is no better solution than the CRIMSON competition which begins on Thursday evening at 7:30 o'clock.

The Class of '44 will have its choice of three beards news, business, and photographic. The competitions will last six weeks for aspiring reporters and cameramen and seven for businessmen. There will be time taken out for the Yale weekend and for Thanks giving Day.

All men who are planning to try out are invited to visit the CRIMSON building tomorrow evening at 7:30 o'clock. An editor from each board will be present to show prospective candidates around the offices.