GRAPPLERS TO FACE RUGGED TUFTS TEAM IN MATCH TODAY

Revised Lineup Expected to Strengthen Injured Crimson

By Evan Calkins

Still crippled by the temporary lose of three of their best men, the grapplers face an uncertain Tufts outfit in Medford at 3:00 o'clock this afternoon, to the second match of the season.

A complete, reshuffling of the lineup has taken place, and should made the quad considerably stronger than it was last week. This is just as well, because from all reports the Tufts are of considerably higher earlier than the Engineers.

Still in Weights

Ray Stone, Dick Thomas, and Dick Davidson, have been shifted down to the 136, 145, and 155 pound categories, respectively. This has been tough to do, particularly in the cases of Stone and Thomas, but it greatly strengthens the trio. Stone and Thomas both won decisions against their Tech opponents last week, while Davidson surprised everyone by winning five points in his first college match.

Aside from strengthening the team as a whole, this shift of weights was necessitated by the loss of 136 pound the Higgins, Jim pulled a rib in his scrap last Saturday, and will be out of action until at least February.

The newcomers to the team are Leo Ackerman and Johnny Sosman, who take over in the 165 and 175 pound slots. Ackerman, last year's Yardling captain, should fill the position adequately. While Sosman is still very much of an unknown quantity. This has been his first week of college wrestling, and he appears good for a beginner.

The other sports will be the name as they were last seek. Johnny Burnham will try to repeat his win in the 121-pound group, while Tom Rogstad is out for blood in the unlimited. Ted Schoenberg will fill the 128-pound assignment as usual.

Schoenberg has been consistently one of the squad's top fighters, and is certainly the most powerful man of his weight on the present crippled team. Twice winner of a Varsity letter, he ranked second to his class in the Easterns last year.

New Ruling

Mat work in his forte and consequently he is at a disadvantage under the new scoring system. This gives a contestant two points for a take-down, and four points for near-fall. These points count in the referee's decision in case there is no pin.

In other words, an opponent who is quick on his feet can throw Schoenberg, let him up, and throw him again, each time collecting points toward the referee's decision. If Ted can somehow get his man down on the mad, however, the chances are that he had the match. Ted's doing well so far this season, but because of the new ruling it is a question whether he will be able to repeat his record of previous years.

The Yardlings also face the boys from Medford in what will probably prove a rout. Their team was pretty weak last Saturday, and Bobby King, the only man to pin his opponent, is out with a broken collar-bone.