B. U. BLASTS HOCKEY TEAM IN STARTLING 7 TO 3 REVERSAL

By John C. Bullard

Boston University's hockey team became the third team to outskate the Varsity sextet, and in hanging up a 7 to 3 triumph, they subjected a Harvard team to one of its most humiliating defeats in recent history. For a while it looked as if the Crimson were going to chalk up its first win of the season, but in five short minutes in the third period the entire complexion of the encounter changed, and when B. U. left the ice they had a well deserved win to their credit.

Everything that could go wrong with the Varsity seemed to let go in that third period. The defense became flustered, the goalie lost his confidence, and the forward lines became even more inefficent in their passing attacks than before, if that be possible. All in all the Terriers scored five goals in that fateful twenty minutes and outclassed their supposedly superior Crimson rivals by a wide margin.

While these cataclysmic events were confounding the Varsity the Freshmen continued on their undefeated way, by trouncing Belmont Hill School 8 to 0. Marcus Beebe was credited with four unassisted goals.

Neither team could develop anything that looked like an efficient attack throughout the entire contest, but in scrapping for and retrieving the orrant pack the Boston team far outshone the Crimson. Once they were in possession of the disk they were about as uncoordinated as the Hoddermen, but the result of last night's game shows that they had it more often.

Terriers Score First

The Terriers' aggressive first forward line broke the scoring ice when the game was only three minutes old, but then for the only time in the game the Crimson began to exhibit an offensive push. Burgy Ayres, second string center, scored an unassisted goal a minute and a half later, and Gordie McGrath, highscorer so far this season, added another to his record when he beat the Boston goalie on a fast breaking play. Demi Lloyd was credited with an assist.

Ayers put the Crimson out in front by a 3 to 1 count in 13:35 when he scored almost from the blue line on a shot which caught the Terrier net minder off balance. Caleb Loring and Sherm Gray had previously been toying with the pack and were credited with assists.

From then on the game was a joy to the scattered B. U. partisans who watched the game. Paul Brown beat Kayser on a beautiful play before the period ended for the final score of the canto.

Second Period Shinny

Both teams engaged in a wild but ineffectual type of shinny throughout the second period, which was scoreless, but at the beginning of the third, things started happening fast, and always with favourable results for the Terriers.

Before the third period was two minutes old, B. U. had tied the count, and then with Stacy Hulse in the penalty box, had netted another one. A third goal inside of the first five minutes gave the Terriers an easy two goal lead, as the Crimson defense and offense went simultaneously berserk. For ten minutes the teams battled wildly but very ineffectually, and then in the closing minutes of the game the Terriers scored twice more for good measure.