MERMEN FAVORED OVER PROVIDENCE BOYS' CLUB

Soltysiak, Babula, and Gath Will Star For Visitors; Undefeated Yardlings Meet Andover

By Donald Peddle

Hal Ulien's Varsity mermen will be prohibitive favorites tonight when they plunge in to the Indoor Athletic Building pool at 8:15 against the Providence Boys' Club in quest of their eighth consecutive victory of the year.

In breastroker Tony Soltysiak, sprinter Witold Babula, and diver Len Gath the visitors have three capable performers, but, for the most part, the meet will do little more than provide some of the younger Crimson squad members with valuable experience. In addition, dorsal ace Art Bosworth may get a chance to try his hand at one of the free-style events.

Navy and Penn

Tonight will mark the last home appearance of the tankmen in a dual meet until February 28, when they entertain the M.I.T. swimmers. In the interval, the Crimson take the road, meeting Navy and Penn in league clashes. Following that, they will come to grips with Princeton and Yale, thus settling first, second, and third positions in the final circuit standings.

Coach Peterson's Yardlings are also undefeated for their meet with Andover here at 4 o'clock. One of the feature races of the day will pit backstroker Shand of the Blue against Bill Drucker of Harvard. Captain Bus Curwen, Sandy Houston, Shaw McCutcheon, and Frank Webster should be able to pick up enough points to lead the Crimson cubs to victory.