WRESTLERS OUTTHROW PENN 18-8 SATURDAY

Excellent Showing of Team Indicates Good Chance of Beating Yale Matmen Next Saturday

By William W. Tyng

In an impressive show of strength, the grappling team all but fulfilled fondest hopes when it drubbed Pennsylvania 18 to 8. The indications are good for next week as a result, because Penn tied Yale 14-14 not so long ago, and Yale will have to do all the traveling then.

Perhaps the most pleasing point of the contest was the assured way that Dick Lewis conducted his match. Dick Dale, the Penn man, not only found that Lewis lived up to his reputation for strength, but that he also showed some very canny wrestling.

Two Overtimes

There were two matches that went into the overtime period Saturday, and both of them finally went to the Crimson, a fact which is ample tribute to the condition which the wrestlers are in now. The greatest achievement was that of Bruce Richardson in the 136 pound class. Bruce had had a hard time making weight in the morning what with steaming and exercise and his fight was tough.

Tudor Gardiner had an all uphill match when he took Bob Wolf in the unlimited. Captain Bill Daughaday, Ted Schoenberg, and Dick Thomas all showed excellent form in beating their men.

The only real disappointment was in the 145 pound weight division where Pete Illman having been ridden but still showing most of the aggressiveness in his match was unable to take his opponent down.

At the same time the Freshmen lost to Cranston High of Rhode Island, Bill Taylor, Rogstadt, and Harvey winning.