HYGIENE DEPARTMENT IS HAVING BUSY WINTER

Bock's Statistics Show Stillman Has Accomodated 1,098 Students Since September

The Hygiene Department is having one of its busiest years, according to figures released last night by Dr. Arlie V. Bock, Henry K. Oliver Professor of Hygiene.

Almost as rushed this year as during the corresponding period of time in 1938-39, the busiest year on record, the Department has accomodated 1,098 students at Stillman Infirmary. Up to March of the last school year, 1,287 men had been put up at the Infirmary.

It was reported at Stillman Infirmary last night that 36 men are now being put up there and that the lower floor of the arnex has been opened. The annex, it was said has been opened several times this year.

Saying that last year's large number of illnesses was due to nation-wide epidemics, Dr. Bock stated that he could find no definite reason for the fact that so many students have been ill this year. Dr. Bock's report indicated that 10,384 medical visits have been made to the Hygiene Building Clinic during this school year. Last year's figures show that the Clinic took care of 10,384.

Admissions to outside hospitals this year have not been so great as they were last year, Dr. Bock reported. Before March of last year, 148 students have been put up in hospitals other than Stillman; this year there have been only 115.