Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Tallulah Bankhead Reveals Hatred of 'Communist Producers,' Love of Andre

Praises Crimson Students For Aid To Finland; Wanted To Give Benefit

"Producers are God-damned communists," Miss Tallulah Bankhead raged yesterday. "They get angry about Japan and Germany, but they wouldn't let me put on a benefit show for the Finns.

"If there's anybody I hate it's a bigot. I know all this publicity stuff makes me look like one, but I'm really sincere about the war that those communist bullies are carrying on against a poor democratic country.

"That's why I want to congratulate the Harvard men that are carrying on this campaign for funds to go to Finland. It's really a fine thing."

Miss Bankhead has recently become familiar with a Russian midget, who appeared last summer at the World's Fair. "Don't quote me," she said, "but I really love him. His name is Andre Ratoucheff, and he always seems to be fleeing a revolution. He was chased out of Russia by the Soviets in 1918.

"My little genius plays the plane and paints. Every year he shows his pictures in Paris. I know that Andre wants his country to lose the war. He told me it would be the salvation of the Russian people. Then, maybe he could go back."

"You hare to put your heart in it," Talluish stated when queried on student drama. "Almost any one can do justice to a play with enough real enthusiasm and hard work. Hell, that's what made me an actress."

The famous actress, currently appearing in Boston in "The Little Foxes," was the honor guest at a tea given by the Harvard Dramatic Club to publicize their play, "The Ascent of the F6" by Auden and Isherwood.

Later at a cocktail party, Miss Bankhead gave vent to most of her ideas from communism to prostitution. Her machine-gun conversation and stage personality went well with the cocktails.