Education Parley Meets Here Today

College Presidents, School Heads Discuss Progressive Methods

Presidents of several New England colleges and high school teachers from all over the country will meet here today in the New England Regional Conference of the Progressive Education Association, to discuss the success of the Eight Year Plan of Progressive Education up to the present time.

The Eight Year Plan was inaugurated six years ago to help coordinate school and college educational programs. These conferences are held from time to time to revaluate the program with a view to possible improvement. Today's meeting, it was learned, may have long-range effects on secondary school education, although there will be no immediate changes.

Among the college presidents attending this conference are Leonard Carmichael of Tufts, Miss Ada Comstock of Radcliffe, Roswell Ham of Mt. Holyoke, J. E. Park of Wheaton, Henry Wriston of Brown, and Miss Mildred McAfee of Wellesley.

Similar conferences are being held simultaneously at Columbia and Pennsylvania for colleges in their respective regions.