YARDLING TRACK TEAM TO FACE STIFF MEETS

Injuries and Probation Take Big Toll Of Stars from Coach Bill Neufeld's Once-beaten Squad

Andover having spoiled their previously undefeated record of two consecutive winter season victories, Coach Bill Neufeld's Yardling tracksters now face three more stiff meets with some of their best men sidelined.

Both Andover and Exeter succumbed to the forces of the Freshmen during the winter, but injuries and probation have helped to weaken the team enough this spring to bring its first defeat last Saturday at Andover.

This Saturday, the Yardlings will compete with strong teams from Holy Cross and Northeastern with a better than even chance of copping the honors. Next week will come Exeter, followed by a three week's rest before the Yale meet on May 25 in the Stadium.

Pirnie Injured

Star point-getter Doug Pirnie heads a long list of Freshmen on the injury list with a strained leg muscle which prevented him from all events except the discus last Saturday. Don Forte, Ray Guild, and Tom Goethals, all dependable dash men, are also on the shelf.

Shotputter Johnny Shattuck and Jim Lannon, both former Exeter aces, are sidelined because of marks along with Bill Mayger and five of the six pole-vaulters.

Regardless of these heavy losses, the team, which is the best for several years, can rely upon such members as Don McKinnon in the hurdles, Mitch Ford in the pole vault, Paul Johrde in the mile, and a trio of half-milers, Paul Cook, Ted Graves, and Fred Phinney.