The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

SYMPATHETIC INVOLVEMENT

Feeling that Harvard should do its bit to alleviate the horrors of the European war, a group of students has volunteered to assist the American Red Cross in its nation-wide campaign for war relief. Today it will appeal to the generosity of Harvard men, hoping to raise a minimum of $1,200 as a modest contribution to the ten million dollar fund which the Red Cross needs to lend effective help. A supply ship has already been sent to France; but many more must cross the ocean to provide for only the barest needs of an estimated five million refugees trekking the roads of Northern France and Belgium.

Help to the American Red Cross is a matter of human rather than political sympathy. Food, clothing, medical supplies are most needed where modern warfare has struck hardest--today in the Lowlands and France; tomorrow, perhaps, elsewhere. The Red Cross has cut administration costs to a negligible minimum and practically every penny received is spent directly on those for whom it was intended. Here, then, is a chance to demonstrate that while we are determined to keep out of war we are willing to do our share of combating the misery it spreads.