The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

The Moviegoer

At the Paramount and Fenway

Though it cannot be classed as a truly great picture, nevertheless lavish pageantry, fine acting and powerful emotional drama combine to make "Marie Antoinette," current offering at the University, splendid entertainment. Norma Shearer's characterization of the French queen, whose throne brings her only disillusionment, loneliness, and finally death itself, is touching if over-favorable in its presentation. Unfortunately Tyrone Power, Miss Shearer's leading man, does not give her the support she deserves. His portrayal of Court Fersen is un convincing; in the emotional heights of tender love scenes, he appears stiff and wooden. What the film suffers in this respect, however, is more than compensated for by Robert Morley in his role as Louis XVI. This young actor does a masterful picturization of the loyal, but pathetically simple King, who would rather fashion wooden soldiers than attend to affairs to state.

Three amusing Walt Disney cartoons and an excellent newstreet complete an exceptionally well-balanced program.