The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

The Moviegoer

At the Keith Memorial

Hecht and MacArthur again, taking sophisticated cracks at the newly popular cult of armchair communism, as practiced at intellectual colleges. This one is co-educational; the founder's daughter, a bored post-debutante, returns for more learning after a trip around the world, and falls in love with the arch-radical of the campus. Nothing is too red for her then, until she is kidnapped by one who embodies all radicalism within himself; rescued from his predicament by a trio of splendidly-played burlesque G-men, and returned to the arms of her incredibly rich father, through with bolshevism.

Walter Connolly is excellent as "Million-Dollar-Wolf" Craig alternately roaring at and soothing his spoiled daughter, Belinda, played by Mary Taylor, looking even more charming than she does on the pages of "VOGUE." John Harvard presents a sensitive young idealist as Bus" Jones, the college communist. The best performance is that of Lionel stander, who will be remembered for his work in another Hecht and MacArthur film, "The Scoundrel." He fills the role of Muglia, Belinda's kidnapper, who can carry Lenin and Stalin in his coat pocket, and still have room for Karl Marx; the scene in which he philosophizes to Belinda is worth the rest of the film. The picture on the whole, is not up to the standard of the famous team. However, besides being a telling commentary on a foolish fad, "Soak the Rich" is more than average entertainment.