1944 URGED TO ACT AS USHERS

Undergraduates Working in Stadium See Games Free

Again this year students in the University will be given the opportunity of seeing the Harvard football games at Soldiers Field Stadium free of charge by serving as ushers or ticket takers. Ushers will be able to see the complete games, while ticket takers will receive 50 cents an hour and are sure to see at least part of each game free.

Freshmen are urged to apply for jobs as either ticket takers or ushers because the experience acquired in working as an usher during all four years at college makes for the most efficient handling of Stadium spectators.

Former Workers Preferred

Undergraduate preference also holds for ticket takers. Former section men and assistant head ushers may continue their work this year by applying at the Harvard Athletic Association at the prescribed times.

Application for ticket taking positions may be made at the H.A.A. at 6 Quincy Street in the basement of the Harvard Union, between 7 and 9 o'clock on Monday and Tuesday evenings, September 23 and 24.

Prospective ushers should report to the H.A.A. from 2 to 4 o'clock on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. Graduate students may apply for jobs at the same hours on Thursday, September 26.

For both ushers and ticket takers, the rule as to the personal use of football tickets will be waived. However, the responsibility for proper use still remains with the applicant. This means that tickets cannot bbe sold at a premium, or to outsiders.

Blacklisting Possible

Violations of the regulations regarding disposal of football tickets will be punished by blacklisting, which means that the students are barred from purchasing tickets through the H.A.A. Failure of ushers or ticket takers to report for any game will result in firing or possibly blacklisting.

Every year numerous undergraduates save the price of admission, and in some cases obtain extra money, by work at the Stadium during the football season. The work is not arduous and the total number of hours spent at the Stadium during the football season is not great.