NETWORK TRIALS OPEN TOMORROW

Juniors and Sophomores With Interest in Radio Are Welcomed

With the first competition of the year scheduled for Tuesday night, the CRIMSON Radio Network will give Juniors and Sophomores, interested in any phase of radio work, a chance to compete for positions on the Network staff.

A preliminary meeting for the competition will be held at 8 o'clock on Tuesday night in the Leverett House Junior Common Room. Should any fellows who are interested in competing fall to be there another meeting will be held for them on Wednesday night.

All Juniors and Sophomores, regardless of former experience, who are interested in becoming announcers, production men, or technical engineers will find plenty of opportunity to develop their interests in the competition. They will work for posts on whatever part of the Network interests them, but all candidates will have to do some work in every department of the Network.

No Experience Required

Because so few college men have had experience of any sort on the radio, there will be no standards of required background work. However, if men who plan to compete for the technical board have not had any previous technical training, they may be expected to have courses in Physics or radio included in their schedule of future studies. In any case, a certain amount of basic technical radio instruction will be included in the competition along with an explanation of the hook up to be used in the Harvard system.

The first week of the competition will consist almost entirely of helping the technical heads of the Network, Charles W. Oliphant, Gordon M. McCouch, and Charles W. Davis, in their work of completing the wiring for the new system of distribution that the Network will employ.

The present plan provides that regular programs will be put on the air as soon as the wiring for the three houses, Lowell, Winthrop, and Leverett is completed. The wiring for the other houses should be completed soon afterwards, to be followed by hookups with the Yard.